We're looking for .NET Full Stack developers
Come and be a part of our talented Development team and get to work on a wide variety of projects utilising the latest technologies. We are looking for a passionate .NET Full Stack developer to help bring to life amazing digital platforms for our exciting clients.
At cab engine, creativity and new ideas become extraordinary products, services and digital experiences. As part of a growing craft studio you will lead the build of CMS driven websites, e-commerce platforms, bespoke web applications and much more besides. Working closely with the Creative, UX and Strategy teams you will work collaboratively to help shape and define the solutions we deliver - with the customer at the heart of everything we do.
WHO ARE WE?
cab engine (https://www.cabengine.co.uk/) is a business formed within the cab Studios Group (https://www.cabstudios.co.uk/) – an 18 year old company with a strong reputation in digital marketing, creative, branding and business transformation.
At cab engine, our mission is to build a creative community of valuable people who succeed in business and life. Our yardstick is to be the most valuable partner to our clients.
We are a close knit team of exciting minds who are focused on solving problems and driving growth for the businesses we partner with. It’s our collective aim to build strong relationships with our clients so we can work with them to meet and exceed their expectations every single day. The fast track for success at cab engine is like no other and based on your ability to showcase our 5 core values Drive, Knowledge, Belief, GAS & Smiles your passion and career path will be further ignited. We’re not people who sit and watch the world go by; we’re people who jump in the driver’s seat and shape the way the world works.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are big fans of Umbraco CMS and use this extensively to deliver a wide variety of projects and solutions. As a partner and Cloud Powerhouse we are actively involved with the community and like to keep up-to-date with the platform and releases - currently rolling out our first v9 sites.
Ideally we are looking for an experienced developer who is happy and comfortable to work on the back and front ends but with a bias towards the back-end. We are a team of full-stack developers but will bring in dedicated front-end resources if required. As part of a highly creative and strategic team you will work closely with our UX and Performance teams to help define and shape our projects.
If you are already using Umbraco then we would love to speak with you but we aren’t making this a requirement of the role.
Your skills and experience: 🧠
- Good knowledge of C#
- .NET 5/6/Core framework experience
- HTML & CSS (we prefer SASS and use a custom front-end framework loosely based on Bootstrap with utility classes akin to Tailwind for most projects)
- API design, development and integration (with a focus on REST APIs)
- Database design and management
- Optimising websites for speed/performance as well as SEO (got to get those page speed scores up)
- Working knowledge of source control systems/branching (we use Git to manage all our repos)
Nice to haves: 🤞
- Umbraco CMS; did we mention we are fans? Official training and certification can be arranged.
- Any web CMS be it .NET or otherwise (Sitecore/ Episerver/ Contentful/ Wordpress…the list goes on)
- Microsoft Azure App Services/DB
- Microsoft Azure App Serverless technologies (functions/logic apps)
- .NET 4.5+ Framework experience (useful for some of our older projects)
- Comfortable talking with clients and capturing requirements/defining solutions
- Understanding and appreciation of clean code / SOLID design principles
Where would you like to go?
We’d love to understand more about your business needs and challenges. Talk to a team of exciting minds and create a collaborative partnership focused on driving growth for your business.